Garage

Tuesday 1 March 2011

Photography with the Olympus EPL 1

I decided that my el-cheapo Canon was not cutting the mustard any more. I know technology moves along quickly but I had made the mistake of buying something before I had properly researched it, and was left with a dodgy camera. I had been unsatisfied with this camera for years and finally, decided to update. What I bought was an Olympus EPL-1. This is a micro four thirds camera and has a full sized SLR sensor in it. There are some decent lenses available for it plus adaptors to take lenses from the Panasonic Lumix GF1. The Olympus had all the features and was at the right price point so I snapped it up.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not a photo-snob. Point and shoot for me is about as technical as it gets so these pictures are from a novice.











Overall I am pleased with the image quality of the camera. It's small enough to carry around and it also takes HD video. This camera will do the job fine for the next 5 - 7 years or until my kids drop this one. One thing if you consider buying this camera is to make sure you buy large memory cards. Photographs at this level chew through memory fast. I would also recommend buying a lense pen to keep the lense nice and clean. Other than that, it's about as straight forward as most point and clicks.


No comments:

Post a Comment